At Fausone Bohn, LLP, our experienced corporate and business law attorneys work with companies of all sizes and structures throughout Michigan.
Michigan Business Formation
Laying the proper foundation for your small or mid-sized business is of paramount importance when it comes to creating and running a successful enterprise. Whether you are purchasing an existing company, forming a unique corporate entity, or entering into a new partnership, you need legal counsel you can count on to help you establish an entity that meets your particular business needs and goals.
At Fausone Bohn, LLP, you can rely on our experienced Michigan corporate and business law attorneys to guide you and your enterprise at start-up and beyond. We will help you determine which corporate structure is best for your business (Limited Liability Company (LLC), C Corporation, S Corporation or Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP), or a joint venture). We also offer guidance regarding:
- Appropriate layers of equity and debt
- Establishing proper corporate controls that reflect principal owner contribution
- Creating a certified minority business enterprise
Commercial Contracts & Business Transactions
Companies operate based on contractual relationships with strategic partners such as suppliers, customers, licensors, distributors, and government entities. Our Michigan contract attorneys help clients with all aspects of commercial contracts, including drafting and reviewing agreements covering:
- Buying and selling business entities
- Buying and selling real estate
- Procurement of goods or services
- Other real estate matters, such as commercial leasing
- Buying and selling assets
- Asset protection and business succession
- Government contract bids
Labor and Employment Law & Litigation
We assist business clients of all sizes in designing and implementing effective employee policies, procedures, and practices to hire, retain, and empower their workforce. Our goal is to help you head off problems and resolve disputes. However, should issues arise requiring the skills of experienced litigators, we are fully prepared to step in to take whatever actions are necessary to protect your company and its business interests. Our employment law offerings include:
- Review of employee benefit plans and assistance with any issues that arise concerning internal policies and procedures
- Assistance with addressing matters related to employee disciplinary actions, including suspension and termination
- Counsel and representation in matters concerning disability and family leave, including FMLA issues
- Assistance with matters connected to employee leasing
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Most businesses find themselves embroiled in a dispute from time to time. While the business attorneys at our firm are experienced litigators, we know that going to court is expensive and time-consuming. Whenever possible, we work with our clients and their opponents to resolve issues through alternative dispute resolution. We routinely represent business clients to seek ADR solutions through conciliation, mediation, arbitration, neutral evaluation, and settlement conferences.
Partnership and Intracompany Disputes
Our attorneys have substantial experience both prosecuting and defending our clients’ interests in all types of partnership, shareholder, and other types of intracompany disputes, including cases involving:
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Breach of contract
- Oppression of minority shareholders
Contact a Michigan Business Attorney Today
For more information on how Fausone Bohn, LLP can help with your business matter, or to schedule an appointment with one of our corporate transaction attorneys, contact us online or call 248-380-0000. We represent clients throughout Wayne County and the State of Michigan.