Jim Fausone concentrates his practice in business matters, municipal representation, veterans disability law and environmental regulation.
Jim practiced with Dykema Gossett from 1982—1993 before withdrawing from the partnership to become President of a multi-million dollar industrial services, waste transportation and environmental contracting company. He understands entrepreneurs as he has started multiple businesses. He is a 1981 magna cum laude graduate from Gonzaga University Law School and received his undergraduate degrees in environmental engineering and oceanography from the University of Michigan in 1976.
Jim is sought out by business owners and municipal leaders alike for this legal advice which is solid and practical. He has a deep commitment to the community. He has actively participated in numerous civic boards, including University of Michigan College of Engineering, Michigan Military and Veterans Hall of Honor, Center for Digital Engagement, DWSD Board of Water Commissioners, Schoolcraft College, Canton Public Library, Canton Community Foundation and Livonia Chamber of Commerce.
Jim’s commitment to veteran causes is well known and he hosts the annual Veterans Summit for the Canton Community Foundation. Jim and Brig. General Carol Ann Fausone (ret) support many local veterans’ organizations. Jim bleeds blue rooting for the University of Michigan athletic teams and supporting scholarships at the College of Engineering and the School of Nursing. He finds nothing more enjoyable than kayaking the Huron River along the Chain of Lakes in Livingston County or relaxing in Bonita Springs, Florida.
Honors and Awards
- Habitat for Humanity, Western Wayne County Volunteer of the Year, 2003—Present
- University of Michigan, College of Engineering Distinguished Service Award, 2007—Present
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- DB Top Lawyer Award, 2010—present
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2012—present
- Super Lawyer, 2013—present
- The Corporate America Legal Elite, Best For Veterans Disability Law, 2015—present
- Schoolcraft College Honorary Associate Degree, 2017—Present
Civil and Environmental Engineering Department Alumni Award,
- University of Michigan, 2017—Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Member, 1981—Present