From June 3rd to June 11th, Michigan will celebrate Great Lakes and Fresh Water week. As Michiganders, we have countless freshwater resources including our beautiful Great Lakes, rivers, and wetlands. Freshwater is an essential part of Michigan's identity and one that should not go unnoticed.
In honor of Great Lakes and Fresh Water Week, get out and enjoy the illustrious resources Michigan has to offer. There are a number of water themed events happening all over the state from Southern Michigan all the way to the Upper Peninsula.
- MDNR Free Fishing Weekend - June 10-11. Statewide
- Clinton River and Lake St. Clair River Day - June 10. Southeast Michigan.
- Charlevoix Trout Tournament - June 9-11. Charlevoix.
- Art on the River - June 10-11. Port Huron.
- Heritage Coast Sail Days - May 21-June 19. Tawas.
- Pictured Rocks Days - June 10-11. Munising.
- Lakestride 5k, 10k, and Half-Marathon - June 10. Ludington.
If you can't make it to an event, you can organize one yourself, like a beach cleanup, or simply find a way to enjoy the great freshwaters of Michigan by boating, fishing, or relaxing on a beach.
Happy Great Lakes and Fresh Water Week, Michiganders!