Kristina Derro concentrates her practice in civil matters with a special emphasis on veterans law and Federal Tort Claims. Prior to joining Fausone Bohn, LLP, Kristina worked as a social worker with the economically disadvantaged and populations suffering from mental health disorders. During her time at the University of Michigan, she also worked in Livonia Public Schools as a social worker, helping students in special education programs.
She joined the firm as a law clerk in 2005, after law school Kristina returned and has been the firm’s go-to attorney for veteran’s law issues. Kristina’s expertise has earned her recognition as a Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2013-2019 and a 2012 Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Up & Coming Lawyer.
She is a 2006 graduate of Wayne State University Law School and has both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from the University of Michigan.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2013—2019
- Super Lawyers – Up & Coming Lawyer, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, 2005—Present
- Member, Military & Veterans Law Section
- National Association of Veterans Advocates, 2010—Present
- Member, Regulation Comment Committee
- Oakland County Bar Association, 2010—Present
- Vice Chair, Veterans Committee, 2020—2021
- Previous Chair, Veterans Committee, 2014—2015
- Previous Vice Chair, Veterans Committee, 2013—2014