Email MeJames G. Fausone
Jim Fausone concentrates his practice in business matters, municipal representation, veterans disability law and environmental regulation.
Jim practiced with Dykema Gossett from 1982-1993 before withdrawing from the partnership to become President of a multi-million dollar industrial services, waste transportation and environmental contracting company. He understands entrepreneurs as he has started multiple businesses. He is a 1981 magna cum laude graduate from Gonzaga University Law School and received his undergraduate degrees in environmental engineering and oceanography from the University of Michigan in 1976.
Jim is sought out by business owners and municipal leaders alike for this legal advice which is solid and practical. He has a talent for solving problems so owners and elected officials can focus on growing their businesses and enhancing customer service. He has a deep commitment to the community, which he displays on the civic boards he has sat on including DWSD Board of Water Commissioners, Schoolcraft College, Canton Public Library, Canton Community Foundation and Livonia Chamber of Commerce.
Jim's commitment to veteran causes is well known and he hosts the annual Veterans Summit for the Canton Community Foundation. Jim and Brig. General Carol Ann Fausone (ret) support many local veterans' organizations. Jim bleeds blue rooting for the University of Michigan athletic teams and supporting scholarships at the College of Engineering and the School of Nursing. He finds nothing more relaxing than kayaking the Huron River along the Chain of Lakes in Livingston County.
Areas of Practice
- Environmental Law
- Business Law
- Municipal Law
- Veterans Law
- Michigan, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Court of Veterans Appeals, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, Washington
- J.D. - 1981
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- B.S. - 1976
- Major: Environmental Engineering and Oceanography
Honors and Awards
- Habitat for Humanity, Western Wayne County Volunteer of the Year, 2003
- University of Michigan, College of Engineering Distinguished Service Award, 2007
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- DB Top Lawyer Award 2010
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2012 - 2015
- Super Lawyer, 2013 - 2015
- The CorporateAmerica, Legalelite, Best For Veterans Disability Law, 2015 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Member, 1981 - Present